How it Works
All employers, regardless of size, sector, ownership (publicly-held or privately-owned) or profit classification (for-profit or not-for-profit) are eligible to apply for the Companies That Care Honor Roll.
Criteria for being named to the Honor Roll:
All organizations that consistently practice the 10 Characteristics of Socially Responsible Employers will be named to the Honor Roll. Applicants who do not make the Honor Roll, but demonstrate a clear intent to become a Company That Cares will receive an Honorable Mention and be listed on the website.
See if your organization has what it takes: Take the Organizational Self-Assessment Quick Test
Request an Honor Roll application.
A $1,500 processing fee must accompany the Honor Roll application. For Community of Caring members, the processing fee is included as one of many Community of Caring benefits.
As this is an annual recognition, Honor Roll applications must be re-submitted each year.
Application deadline for 2014 is November 1, 2013 for first-time applicants, but may be submitted any time of year up until that date.
Application deadline for 2014 is December 1, 2013 for subsequent-year applicants, but may be submitted any time up until that date.
Each application passes through a multi-step rigorous review process that includes:
- A two-tier evaluation of the written application. A staff member from Center for Companies That Care and a member of the Honor Roll Independent Review Panel both review the application. The Independent Review Panel is made up of seasoned professionals from the fields of human resources, community relations, academia and organizational development.
- A media search for relevant news about the organization in the past year.
- A telephone interview to discuss follow-up questions.
- A review of relevant employee attitude survey data, if it exists.
Announcement of Honor Roll recipients:
Companies That Care Day, the third Thursday in March. Honor Roll recipients will be confidentially notified approximately one week in advance in order to prepare their celebrations.
Nominate a Company That Cares:
- Name of the organization being nominated
- Name of a contact person
- Address, phone and email of the contact person
- Reasons the organization deserves to be on the Companies That Care Honor Roll
- Your name and contact information