How it Works
All employers, regardless of size, sector, ownership (publicly-held or privately-owned) or profit classification (for-profit or not-for-profit) are eligible to apply for the Companies That Care Honor Roll.
Criteria for being named to the Honor Roll:
All organizations that consistently practice the 10 Characteristics of Socially Responsible Employers will be named to the Honor Roll.
See if your organization has what it takes: Take the Organizational Self-Assessment Quick Test
Request an Honor Roll application.
There is no fee associated with applying to the Honor Roll if your organization conducts an employee survey that covers the 10 Characteristics and you are willing to share your survey data with us for review and analysis. If taking this option, the only feedback you receive is whether or not your organization is being named to the Honor Roll.
If you would like to administer our basic survey that covers all 10 Characteristics, the fee is $500. Your organization will receive quantitative feedback as well as the decision about it being named to the Honor Roll.
There is one other option. Your organization can submit survey results as well as an application that describes how the 10 Characteristics are demonstrated. Your organization will receive both quantitative and qualitative feedback. If named to the Honor Roll, your organization will also receive many additional visibility and education benefits. The fee for this option is $5,000. Organizations can elect to first submit survey data, receive our decision, then determine if an application will be submitted.
Application/Survey Data Submission Deadlines:
As this is an annual recognition, Honor Roll applications must be re-submitted each year. If electing the Survey Only option, data must be submitted each year, too.
Application/survey data submission deadline for the 2016 Honor Roll is December 4, 2015 for first-time applicants, but applications may be submitted any time of year up until that date.
For subsequent-year applicants, the application/data submission deadline for 2016 is also December 4, 2015 but applications may be submitted any time up until that date.
For Survey Only applicants, data will be organized by the 10 Characteristics and analyzed by Companies That Care staff.
Each application passes through a multi-step rigorous review process that includes:
- A two-tier evaluation of the written application. A staff member from Center for Companies That Care and a member of the Honor Roll Independent Review Panel both review the application. The Independent Review Panel is made up of seasoned professionals from the fields of human resources, community relations, academia and organizational development.
- A media search for relevant news about the organization in the past year.
- A telephone interview to discuss follow-up questions.
- A review of relevant employee attitude survey data.
Announcement of Honor Roll recipients:
Companies That Care Day, the third Thursday in March. Honor Roll recipients will be confidentially notified approximately one month in advance in order to prepare their celebrations.
Nominate a Company That Cares:
- Name of the organization being nominated
- Name of a contact person
- Address, phone and email of the contact person
- Reasons the organization deserves to be on the Companies That Care Honor Roll
- Your name and contact information