Mission, Vision and Values
Center for Companies That Care is a national, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to ensuring social sustainability and improving the lives of individuals, families and communities, This is accomplished by educating and inspiring employers to practice employer engagement* and live by the 10 Characteristics of Socially Responsible Employers.
*Employer engagement exists when the values and practices of the employer support the needs of society as well as the profitability of the business.
By encouraging and assisting business in practicing the 10 Characteristics that enable individuals and communities to thrive, we strengthen our communities and our society, resulting in a sustainable future for the generations to come.
- All employers are Companies That Care
- Employers value and respect their employees
- Employers create a work environment that enables individuals to thrive
- Employers and communities develop partnerships to strengthen future generations of people
- People and communities are sustained and prosper