10 Characteristics of Socially Responsible Employers
Companies That Care prize employees and are committed to community service. To sustain these values, participating companies consistently demonstrate the following 10 Characteristics in their work environment. These 10 Characteristics are the code of conduct for optimal daily business practices.
Companies That Care ...
- Sustain a work environment founded on dignity and respect for all employees
- Make employees feel their jobs are important
- Cultivate the full potential of all employees
- Encourage individual pursuit of work/life balance
- Enable the well-being of individuals and their families through compensation, benefits, policies and practices
- Develop great leaders, at all levels, who excel at managing people as well as results
- Appreciate and recognize the contributions of people who work there
- Establish and communicate standards for ethical behavior and integrity
- Get involved in community endeavors and/or public policy
- Consider the human toll when making business decisions