Transition to College Workshops
This series of ten, interactive workshops prepares high school students who have Invisible Differences, and their parents, to overcome known barriers to college persistence that are unique to diverse learners and to successfully transition and adapt to a post-secondary education environment. These workshops are offered by high schools, by corporations as an employee benefit, and at Center for Companies That Care.
- Overview: Best Practices for College Success
- Legal Rights
- Disclosure, Documentation, Disability Services
- Choosing and Applying to College
- Self-Advocacy Overview
- Self-Advocacy Intensive
- College Life
- Resources, Roommates and Tips for Success
- Finding and Keeping a Job
95% of attendees felt more prepared for the transtion afterwards.