Want to do something that matters?
Help underserved students graduate from college
You will love this job if you:
- Yearn to make a real difference in the lives of less-advantaged people
- Enjoy high school and college students and care about their education
- Thrive on variety and juggling lots of balls
- Value multi-cultural interactions with many people
You may be hired for this job if you:
- Have a college degree
- Have experience working with teens and young adults
- Have exceptional people and relationship-building skills
- Take pride in consistently producing high quality work
- Are resourceful and can figure things out on your own
- Are willing to work periodic evenings and weekends
- Communicate often and effectively in writing and verbally
- Work fast and adjust quickly to changing priorities and unexpected situations
- Pay attention to detail
- Are able to prioritize effectively and juggle many stakeholders
- Know Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint well. Knowledge of content management and database management a bonus.
The AIM High Program Associate is fully responsible for implementing the AIM High curriculum at Chicago Public Schools. The role includes:
- Building strong relationships with and among AIM High students, their family members, their mentors and their schools
- Maintaining relationships long-term
- Caring deeply for the students and being their cheerleader
Program Development, Training and Communication
- Developing and implementing mentor, student and parent training.
- Developing and maintaining content for internal and external AIM High websites.
- Documenting and implementing changes to program based on feedback.
- Recruiting new mentors for AIM High
- Promoting the annual AIM High fundraiser, March to College
Evaluation and Tracking
- Maintaining data for AIM High metrics
- Ensuring no students “fall through the cracks” by conducting the bi-weekly Early Warning Indicators review