2013 Year of Appreciation
Center for Companies That Care is 10 years old!
Thank you. It is because of you that we reached this milestone. We had a dream and you made it come true. You listened to us, encouraged us, endorsed us to other people, and shared your resources – your knowledge, your income and your discretionary time. In short, you believed in us and because of your confidence, we believed in ourselves, pushed harder and accomplished more.
At its core, that’s what Center for Companies That Care is all about. Believing in people so they can believe in themselves. Providing folks with opportunities that they might not have otherwise. Caring.
Chances are, someone believed in you. Who? What did they do for you? How did that affect what you are today? Was it a teacher? A relative? A friend? A boss? A stranger? 2013 launches the Year of Appreciation. You can participate by making a contribution in honor of the person or people who gave you the courage and the abilities to follow the path you’re on today. BUT, just like there are many ways to show someone you care, there are also many ways to participate in the Year of Appreciation, so please define contribution broadly. Here are some options. You can choose more than one or even create your own!
- Contribute your inspiration – write a public tribute about the person you appreciate
- Contribute your time – volunteer for Center for Companies That Care
- Contribute your dollars – make a tax-deductible, financial donation to Center for Companies That Care
- Contribute your network – introduce us to prospective funders, volunteers, mentors, and members of the Community of Caring
- Contribute your employer – pledge to be a Company That Care and engage your organization in following the 10 Characteristics of Socially Responsible Employers
Thank you. As you look ahead to 2013, think about who you would like to honor during the Year of Appreciation. Oh, and make sure your own actions are deserving of making someone else’s tribute list.