How to Implement Terrific Tales
The strategy and suggestions below provide ideas for implementing Terrific Tales at your organization. This is not intended to be prescriptive, but rather provide food for thought as you develop your own plan. There are only three requirements to participate in Terrific Tales:
- New Books - All books must be new.
- Register - Center for Companies that Care should be notified of your participation to ensure that your company receives the necessary information. You may register your plans through this website or contact Center for Companies That Care at 312-661-1010.
- Terrific Tales Book List - All donated books must come from the Terrific Tales book list. The list was specifically compiled by educators and school librarians to ensure diversity in the collection. Your company may select and purchase the books to be donated on behalf of your organization. Or you may raise money and donate the funds and Center for Companies That Care will select and order the books on your behalf.
Your company will be responsible for:
- Collecting new books from the Terrific Tales book list or collecting money in order to purchase books on behalf of your company
- Distributing the books to local schools that need classroom libraries
- Sharing your results with Center for Companies That Care
Center for Companies That Care will:
- Provide the Terrific Tales book list
- Identify schools across the U.S. that need classroom libraries and share that list with participating companies
- Assist with planning and provide guidance and support to individual companies
- Track the impact of our collective efforts and publicize results