There are many ways to meaningfully support AIM High and sustain the program. Here are a few ideas and some AIM High facts to get you started. We will continue to update this page.
Donate your Connections
I am an optimist. I believe:
- There is an angel donor that one of you knows who also cares about improving college graduation rates.
- There are CEOs of corporations and privately-held companies who would make significant investments in AIM High, if only they knew we existed.
- There are churches and synagogue and mosques that share our values and are waiting for one of us to approach them.
- Someone we know can get us a meeting with Mayor Emanuel to ask him to include AIM High in his $38M funding for youth mentoring programs
- Someone can persuade their fraternity or sorority to adopt AIM High as their charity.
United Way -- if you give to United Way, you can earmark your donation for Center for Companies That Care
Join the Safety Net Club. The Safety Net Club ensures students don't have to leave college due to emergency funding gaps.
We need volunteers
Who will work in the office
Who will find mentors and be mentors
Who will plan and run events, such as the Career Fair or March to College
Who will follow up with all the people who don’t RSVP to figure out how many people are attending each Touchpoint event
Who will persistently pursue our Receivables and collect payment
Who will write marketing materials
Who will be Board members
Who will join the AIM High Parent Coalition
Who will ask people and organizations and schools and alumni clubs for money, or set up meetings for me to do the ask
Who will coordinate the volunteers
Here are even more suggestions of how you can participate.